The common display interfaces of IPCs are VGA, DVI, HDMI. What are the differences between the various interfaces?
First, VGA interface
VGA is an analog signal interface based on CRT displays. First, the digital signal in the industrial PC is converted into an analog signal, which is sent to the display, and the analog signal is converted into a digital signal by the display to form a picture to be displayed in front of everyone.
1. Does not support hot swap, does not support audio transmission.
2. For digital display devices such as LCD and DLP, it is necessary to configure the corresponding A/D (analog/digital) converter to convert the analog signal into a digital signal. After D/A and A/D conversion, it is inevitable. Causes loss of image detail.
Second, DVI interface
DVI is a digital/analog signal interface based on LCD displays. The DVI transmits the digital signal, and the digital image information of the industrial computer is directly transmitted to the display device without any conversion, and the display speed is faster, and the smear phenomenon is effectively eliminated.
1. The transmission distance of more than 8 meters will affect the picture quality.
2. Only supports 8bit RGB signal transmission, can not let the wide color gamut display terminal to play the best performance.
3. Reserve a lot of pins to support the analog device, resulting in a large interface and low efficiency.
Third, HDMI interface
HDMI is an enhancement based on DVI performance.
1. Can be combined with broadband digital content protection.
2. With additional space for audio and video formats that will be upgraded in the future.
3. The industrial computer with HDMI interface can decode 1080P resolution, and also supports digital audio formats such as DVD Audio.
4. The farthest can be transmitted 15 meters.
5. Can transmit audio and video signals at the same time, and can automatically select the most appropriate video / audio playback format.
6. Support for hot swap.
How to choose the display interface of the industrial PC?
1. The VGA interface is an analog signal, which inevitably causes loss of image details during the transmission process. The industrial computer can only be used with electronic digital devices below 20 inches.
2. If the display is 1920P×1200P or lower resolution, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI interfaces can be used.
3. If the display adopts ultra-high resolution, such as 2560P×1600P or set up multi-screen display output system, DVI-D (dual channel), HDMI, DP can be competent.
4. If 3D display is used, 1920P×1080P resolution, DVI-D, HDMI and DP are not too big a problem. If it is 2560P×1600P or above, it is better to use HDMI and DP output interface.
Although the VGA interface is old, many professional monitors, especially CRT professional monitors, are VGA interfaces. Because VGA can not only achieve very good results, but also achieve 10bit output compared to DVI, which DVI can't do. HDMI mainly converts analog signal transmission into digital signal transmission, and adds HDCP copyright protection mechanism. At the same time, it solves the shortcomings of DVI transmission distance being too short and susceptible to interference. At the same time, it also adds support for audio signal transmission. The advantage of DP over HDMI is that the bandwidth is much larger, the transmission distance is longer, the transmission quality is better, and the most important is to support the Daisy Chain multi-display link, which is not possible with other interfaces.